Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I HAVE A TOYOTA RAV 4 PETROL ON A 52 PLATE. DOES IT MEAN AN

I HAVE A TOYOTA RAV 4 PETROL ON A 52 PLATE. DOES IT MEAN AN ENGINE OUT TO REPLACE HEAD GASKET ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Yes what the mechanic is telling you is correct the engine has to be removed in order to replace the head gasket, the reason for this is that the rear head bolts can not be reached with the engine in the vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS

DO YOU HAVE THE TIME ALLOCATED TO REPLACE THE GASKET. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT MOST OF THE COST IS DOWN TO LABOUR

Yes, the high cost of this job is the labor time, the parts are not that expensive. This is about a 10-12 hour job depending on where the work is performed. THANK YOU.