indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

my car is misfiring

Customer Question

my car is misfiring, it sounds as though it not running on all cylinders the engine,especially at idle seems to "fade" before reviving, it still runs. Under acceleration it lacks power, this problem only started today, the engine management light is on and keeps flashing

Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Okay the check engine light is flashing this confirms your idea that the engine is misfiring .

What you have to do is have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to see which cylinders are misfiring.
This way will help you cut down the diagnostic time by far.
You most likely have a code P0300 ,P0301 or 2 ,3 or 4 .
When you know which cylinders are missing then you can check the plugs Coil ,injectors etc on the cylinders that have malfunctioned.

If your car has not been serviced in over 25.000miles then do the basic engine tune up first as you may only have a spark plug ,plug wire problem .

Just go over the basics first like the tune up ,Pull the spark plug wires you may find water ingress into the plug holes this will cause a misfire and is very common .

Do this then please get back to me if needed for further assistance,
there is no extra changer after accepting for further assistance .

Please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg