Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 SRi, I have put on a throttle

Customer Question

Hi I have a Vauxhall Astra 1.8 SRi, I have put on a throttle body and new exhaust senses, but my car is still very lumpy when you start it, if you don't leave it for a couple of mins you cant pull away. I am at loose ends can anybody help? Ian

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Ian,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

The only one is ABS and I believe I need a wheel bearing and I believe that has a sensor in it?

Ian

Yes the bearing does in fact have the sensor built in it however it wouldn't cause this issue. This issue sounds like the fuel system is not being primed correctly or not fast enough from a possible weak fuel pump. What I would suggest as a first step is to have a fuel pressure test performed on the vehicle.
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

Is it a hard job to change the fuel filter or fuel pump on the astra?

Yes it's a pretty involved job that will require some special tools for the fuel lines.