Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Toyota Avensis liftback T22 2.0 D4D 110hp I have serious

I have a Toyota Avensis liftback T22 2.0 D4D 110hp I have serious diesel fumes coming into car when front windows down. My garage says exhaust and manifold are OK and they do not understand where fumes are coming from. Any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not yet found answer to the problem and am prepared to await your expert's opinion. Thank you.

Graham Shevill

Hello Graham,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a fuel injector that is stuck open or the o-ring has broken and letting the fuel bypass.
I would suggest having the injectors checked as a next step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. I will advise my garage and possibly take vehicle to a fuel injection specialist. I will advise you of outcome as soon as possible.Meanwhile regards ***** *****

No problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will revert to you if I need any further advice. Many thanks.

No problem, thank you.