Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have engine oil dripping onto the top of the oil filter.

Customer Question

I have engine oil dripping onto the top of the oil filter. Is there a sensor or other item that could be failing which may get worse. Its a 2012 Hilux 3.0 diesel.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This particular leak normally comes from the intercooler itself there is not a sensor in this area that would cause this leak, the intercooler needs to be tested as a next step.