Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi, i have corolla TTE Compressor and when trying to accelerate

Hi, i have corolla TTE Compressor and when trying to accelerate it chokes off and the Relaeses suddenly. I have had the car in 5 Garages, including Toyota and no one can seem to find the fault. I am also repeatedly getting warning lights on for the VSC and TRC...Hope you can help its driving me NUTS.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

if you're getting the traction and stability lights on then its could be that the engine power is being cut by these systems

with these systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.

The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.

Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.

you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.

This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, i have a mate with a similar car and he thought it was one of the sensors also, but he thought a Lamda sensor. Is this Possible or is it more likely to be one of the sensors at the Hub.?.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

the fact that you've gott the VSC lights on really points to the wheel speed sensors

also when the TRC cuts in its harsh and sudden as you describe
a failing lambda sensor would tend to lean things out and slow the car gradually
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so Much ,you are a Star.