Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My new to me 2007 Yaris 1.3 SR has very stiff clutch. Has had

My new to me 2007 Yaris 1.3 SR has very stiff clutch. Has had clutch bled a few days ago, still the same, my dealer/mechanic says thats just the way it is. Its the toughest clutch I have ever come across in 35 yrs driving, it makes my leg ache. Any cure for the car not my let. Dorothy Gail.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Dorothy,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having comes from the clutch has been replaced with a aftermarket clutch and not with the original parts, this is where the stiffness comes from. The stiffness will get better with time, but it will take a while. In the mean time the only option that you have is to deal with the clutch or have it replaced with the original equipment.
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.