Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

the electric filler door release is not working on my 2006

Customer Question

the electric filler door release is not working on my 2006 avensis estate. the motor makes the release noise but the door wont open
is there an emergency release? i took out the boot covers and tried to pull back the trim on that side but cant find anything.
any ideas?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Some of these versions had an emergency pull tag / release - If yours has one, you would have seen it - on that same side - Its just a pull tag / line that pulls and releases the "bolt" so that the flap opens.. As you have done all that you have and can't see it - yours must not have one Im afraid.

In which case, as the motor you can hear working, that rules out any switching / power supply / fuse and even motor issues - and generally means that the "bolt" that goes through the hole in the filler aperture has seized.

What you will need to do is remove the inner boot area panels fully to gain full access to the little motor that works the lock bolt and physically remove it - remove the fixing screws and withdraw the unit - taking care to slide the bolt out - and then the flap can be opened for use.

Sometimes you can fix these with Wd40 spray on the lock bolt and manually operating it several times - so you can try that - and re install it if that works. If not -you would need then to replace it with a new unit..

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.