Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The rear lens is broken and I have bought a replacement. The

Customer Question

The rear lens is broken and I have bought a replacement. The car and light is a R REG TOYOTA STARLET 1.3 OSR DRIVER SIDE REAR LIGHT... How do I remove the existing one and replace.

Please advise.

Thank you. Derek Henderson.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello Derek and Welcome.

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise you .

On the model that you have - if you look at the replacement unit you will see - on the back of it - threaded rods that stick out.. three if I recall - though some had four.

These are the securing rods for the lamp unit.

If you go into your cars boot - on the relevant side, remove the inner panelling on that side to reveal the light unit fixings as above - you will see the ends of the rods through the body work secured by small nuts - 8mm./ some had 10 mm.

Basically you need a suitable tool to undo those nuts and then the lamp unit will withdraw from the vehicle - disconnect the wiring connector -and take the unit away.

Fit up your replacement unit in reverse order - and secure using your nuts .. remember to re attach the wiring connector and replace then the inner panelling to complete the task.

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.