Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a 1997 Toyota camry 2.2 & today, the indicators stopped

I have a 1997 Toyota camry 2.2 & today, the indicators stopped working. I have checked the fuses behind the coin box, as well as under the bonnet,& they seem okay. Is there an indicator relay, & if so where is it located ? Is it possible to buy a replacement part & fix it myself?.............. Thanks Cliff.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello Cliff and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you on this -

The vehicle does have an indicator relay - this is a black relay - located in the drivers side kick panel -

You can buy these from any Toyota dealer - or on line places.

Before you check / change that though -just try this this - Switch your hazard warning light switch on / off - several times - with a stabbing motion with your finger. Often the switch sticks inside and will cause failure of the indicators - so try that - that will cure that if thats all it is -

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.