Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a toyota estima 1994 2.4 petrol supercharger permanent

Hi I have a toyota estima 1994 2.4 petrol supercharger permanent 4wd I f i accelerate hard at speed the engine warning light comes on. I pull over and turn off restart engine and its gone drives ok no faults.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any other symptoms besides the light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok

the car drives normally

I can cruise comfortably at 80 on motor ways

Its when i accelerate hard the engine light comes on.

If at 30 mph i accelarate hard it comes on.

if i accelerate normally it doesnt

What the issue sounds like is a failing oxygen sensor which turns the engine light on at more often hard accel. The first step would be to have the oxygen sensors ohm tested.
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.