Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot 308 which had its annual service at our local

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 308 which had its annual service at our local garage Chelsfield Motors two weeks ago and I am getting a message on the dashboard saying "anti pollution fault" and an amber symbol of an engine which in the car Handbook gives following " Engine Autodiagnostics system" which is explained as " occurance of a fault in the engine management system". I am currently away for the weekend in my car some 60 miles from home and would be grateful of any advise on weather I can drive home and contact the barrage which carried out the annual maintenance next Monday. I would also be grateful to know what is the problem. Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Yes both antipollution/eml in conjunction means an engine managment fault has picked up with either and engine sensor..ecu controlled component on the engine or an emissions issue..those warnings can cover a wide range of possible fualts/codes so in theory it would be difficult to say exactly what to check here..could be anything from ignition related fault/injection system/intake or emission control fault in regards to exhaust sensors..i see you say you have checked fluids..might be worth making quick check of the engine electrics/plugs etc..and esnure everything this properly connected see as this service was carried out recently something may have come adrift loose connection as such.but the end result if nothings found it will have to plugged in wither this can be done where you are now locally you dont say to see exaclty what the ecu is seing as faulty..If the vehicle seems to run ok with no performance issues as far as you can tell then it should be fine to drive back as long as you do have back up rac/aa such like..I do hope this helps