Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hilux 2003 vrx yellow malfunction light come on then i come

Customer Question

hilux 2003 vrx yellow malfunction light come on then i come to a stop but started fine my battery was not on very well would this be the problem ? and i may of put dirty diesel in ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to advise -

Yes - a badly connected battery can cause this... and yes - dirty diesel fuel can certainly cause this.

You really need to have a plug in diagnostic test done - that will read the fault codes - as the light is on there will be fault codes - and that will tell you exactly why the light is on ----
Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.