indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

HI, ive got a Toyota hilux d4d 2007, ive had to put a nova

Customer Question

HI, ive got a Toyota hilux d4d 2007, ive had to put a nova engine in it but it wont start?, are the injector coded?
thanks tom
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Yes you are right with the injectors they are coded and will need reprogramming , the ECM is set up for your old injector id the ECM get a different code from the injectors it will not be able to calibrate
and will not send any signal .
So yes you will need to program the injectors where you will need a dealer scan tool or a very good top aftermarket scan tool like a Launch or Maxidas 708ds. most good diesel shops will have these tool to assist you with this issue .

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .

Kindest regards Greg