Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi. I have a Toyota Hilux 2006. My alarm is malfunctioning

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Toyota Hilux 2006. My alarm is malfunctioning and so I would like to disable the alarm. Can you help me to do that?I

PS. I live and work in Northern Mozambique and there are no possibilities for help! Please help! Thanks.

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had no answer so far. This is the first time I have used this service. I'm not that happy that it has taken a full day and you still haven't replied. I assume that if you don't come up with a satisfactory answer in the next day my money will be returned?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What problem are you having with the alarm system .

Is this the factory system or a added aftermarket .

Rgds Greg.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's a factory system. I want to deactivate it as it's not really necessary and we are having problems with the key fobs. The plastic has completely disintergrated and is being held together with cellotape. If the key fobs no longer work with the factory alarm the car is useless. I'm thinking that if I can permanently disconnect the alarm off then at least I can secure the car with the physical key and go from there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like my money back now. I asked my question two days ago and I have had no response. Please return my money.