Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Where is the cooling system thermostat located on a toyota

Where is the cooling system thermostat located on a toyota granvia 3 litre turbo diesel? Engine is the same as in the Land Cruiser. It is not in the usual position in the top hose from block to radiator header tank

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The thermostat on this vehicle is located behind the timing cover and the timing cover has to be removed in order to replace this, this is a very entailed job.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I DID NOT RATE YOU AS EXCELLENT SERVICE LIARS! I REMOVED THE TIMING COVER AND FOUND NO THERMOSTAT. I DID HOWEVER NOTE THAT THE CAM-BELT WAS STRETCHED BEYOND THE COMPENSATING RANGE OF THE ENCLOSED COIL-SPRING-TENSIONED ROLLER. I THEREFORE REPLACED THE TIMING BELT (I AM NEITHER DOPE NOR NOVICE). IN THE INTERIM, I HAVE PARTLY SCREENED THE RADIATOR (WHICH IS THE LARGER MATRIX BEHIND THE AIR-CON CHILLER MATRIX) UNTIL SUCH TIME AS I CAN FIND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

I'm glad you got the issue fixed. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Positive rating for duff information? Certainly not. You may as well say the thermostat is located in the engine bay, perhaps attached to the cooling system.