indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

My land cruiser 4.2l indicator light comes on at 100 mph And

Customer Question

My land cruiser 4.2l indicator light comes on at 100 mph
And the gas stops
Then the light go's out and everything returns to normal.
I am in greece and the Toyota guys here don't seem to think its a problem, but it has happened 4 or 5 time now?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I expected an answer that day, you chaps advertised three Toyota mechanics online, I was nieve and payed you, thinking these people would at least answer. Here we are 6 days later and stil no answer.
It is a fine line between marketing and false advertising.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Just to get this clear you said Indicator light ? Both sides or just one side.

Or do you mean the check engine light .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The check engine light ? Thank you greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
stored .Hi .

When you reach 100mph the management system is encounting a malfunction with in the system.
Now normally the management system will store a malfunction code .

If no codes where recorded then the dealer will have to hook up there scan tool and do a test drive and reproduce the problem in live data and check all readings and look for any out of the normal specs .

But i'm sure there must be a malfunction code stored .

If needed please get back to me for further assistance with the reply button and not the poor or bad service button so i can get back to you.

Rgds Greg