Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a Toyota Auris which has had problems with a leaking

i have a Toyota Auris which has had problems with a leaking boot finding the spare wheel filled with water on many occasions. this was taken to my local dealer who removed the near side light carried out a water test and found out that the leak was from the seal new seal fitted at a substantial cost to myself. all OK during the summer but after a very wet day last week more water in the boot. what next? is this a known technical problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The seals for the boot on this model is common to leak and cause the issue that you are having, unfortunately to correct this issue all of the boot seals are going to need to be replaced to ultimately correct this issue. I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is the next stage to rebook in to have it checked. how many more seals are there to replace on the boot?

There is a total of 6 seals that would need to be replaced.