Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hiace super custom 1993 2.4 diesel , we fitted a new engine

hiace super custom 1993 2.4 diesel , we fitted a new engine had the injectors serviced replaced the fuel pump . engine will tick over when you pick up the revs 1200 the engine light comes on and not a lot of power from the engine. we have took the battery off etc but no joy . please can you help thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.
If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly
If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve
Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home
Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked
Also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.
Lastly it’s also worth considering fitting a new fuel filter as if only slightly blocked this can lower fuel supply pressure and choke the main pump, the pump will be more sensitive to this when its cold as diesel thickens considerably with low temperatures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your reply, the egr valvehas aways been shut off from the system. i"ll pass all what you sent to me onto the garage many thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi matt, we got to the bottom of it,the crank had no crank sensor pick up on the crankshaft.the only way we think is to fit the old crank back into the engine, so next week the engine machine shop will re ferb it.i"ll let you know how it all goes thanks doug

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Hello Doug

that would certainly do it

well done for working it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

May need your service again matt many thanks ...doug

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
No problem Doug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi matt i sent my reply all done my end. ......doug

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

rating was sent my end matt. i seam to get the same e mail over and over again, can you check up their end ta

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Hello Doug

once I've made this reply it should all close off and stop the reminders

don't replay to this post otherwise it'll iunlock again

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi matt, once again i have replyed to your rating. on line it is all done my end but if this goes on you can call me on *********** .....doug

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Understood Doug