Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Toyota st202 2 litre 1998 none turbo , engine cuts out after

Toyota st202 2 litre 1998 none turbo , engine cuts out after 100 yards from cold , does not attempt to restart engine turns over over after switching off ignition it will restart and run ok is this a problem starting ? if so what am i searching for ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a electrically failing crankshaft position sensor, the sensor will likely need to be ohm tested and replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi thanks i will look into that , but this morning i let the engine tick over at about 3 mins the engine sort of hesitated then picked up is this also a sign of crank sensor on its way out ? i had also thought of the ambient air sensor as the mornings have been a lot colder of late , but the crank sensor i will replace thank you

Yes this is still consistent with the crank sensor. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much i just need to find one now , Frown

No problem. Thank you.