indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

Hi, I have a Toyota AYGO , the paint work on the plastic front

Hi, I have a Toyota AYGO , the paint work on the plastic front and back is peeling off. Is this a fault with the paint work and was there a recall for this problem?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Not sure if you have had this car from new so the history is unknown to me .

But let me say this .

From new with original paint the bumpers front or rear will not peel.

What i think is your case is that the bumpers where at sometime repainted , this is a common issue .

I paint front and rear bumper on cars that have just left the dealership due to scratches and minor little bumps , now if the paint shops uses a cheap lack and not a good expensive chromacryl then its going to peel .

But saying this even good paint will peel if a plastic paint additive is not used .

Most cases the customer will go for the cheap paint due to the fact they may be back in a few months Cry to redo again a new scratch.

So to your question, NO normally factory original pain will not peel .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg

indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg, I've had the car from new,06...it started to peel about 3yrs ago. It's just that it's getting worse, people have asked me was it redone due to accident can honestly say noooo. I heard there was a recall on bad paint work on Toyota , any info on that .please an thanks.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rita .

Yes you are correct this issue was taken care of on most cars under the warranty plan.

Check your plan and see if you got the 3 or 5 year paint plan .

Standard manufacturers warranty (miles): 60000 miles
Standard manufacturers warranty (years): 3 years
Standard corrosion guarantee: 12 years
Standard paintwork guarantee: 3 years

At signing the paper work on this car the warranty can be adjusted for a extra payment
to incress the years warranty up to 12 years on paint work , if you have the standard then you will have to take care of this issue , thousand of Aygo owners are having this issue 2006 and 2007.