Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Toyota hiace van, 2006, the immobiliser light flashes

I have a Toyota hiace van, 2006, the immobiliser light flashes and beeps constantly
when parked and just beeps when being driven.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally cause this issue is the drivers door sensor or the hood sensor has failed and not making a connection which results in this problem. The vehicle would need to be scanned as a first step to determine which one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But why is my van still drivable? What are the consequences if the fault is not corrected?

The van is still drivable because the system is not activated the sensors are keeping it from activating. Not correcting the issue just means the security system will not work.