indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

Hi Just had 4 wheel alignment carried out on my 2013 mk4 Rav

Customer Question

Hi Just had 4 wheel alignment carried out on my 2013 mk4 Rav after changing bottom arm and now the vsc light has come on and is making a noise. I think it's the ABS, but unsure.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
.Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When the lower control arm was replaced they most likely damaged the wheel speed sensor for the ABS , this would not be the first time i've seen this .

Have a diagnostic scan done for malfunction codes you may find i'm right in this assumption.

But if this has nothing to do with this the check for codes will confirm what ever is causing you this issue .

All ABS related malfunctions will set off the VSC warning light ..

Have this checked and if needed Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

Thanks for your reply after a lot of reading and trying different things I found that the rack needs to be calibrated as it was ok until the tracking was done so it is going to the dealer in the morning where they are going to do 4 wheel alignment and then calibrate the rack, hopefully this will sort it

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stu .

Sound good let me know what happens after the job is done .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Wink
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

All the steering problem and noise is sorted now, but now I have changed the abs sensor and when I drove the car the abs was kicking in and the warning lights came on again ( I have had the drive shaft out to check bearing ) do you have any advice

Stu

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Did you change the sensor from the diagnostic codes .

After replacing the sensor did you recheck for malfunction codes .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

I changed the abs sensor due to me damaging it when taking the drive shaft out, after replacing it when driving the abs was coming in when pressing the brakes then the warning lights came on

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stu .

Check for ABS codes if you can .

Or check that the cv joint is not lose in it carrier , may have done in the new sensor,

If looks good then check for codes .

Rgds Greg