Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 51 plate vauxhall movano its intermittent but changing

I have a 51 plate vauxhall movano its intermittent but changing down from third to second or into first gear it will not engage gear resulting in having to pull away in third gear .
Can you give me the reason why it does this . Please it's very annoying thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally causes this issue to happen is the clutch release bearing is starting to fail which results in the problem that you are having, this is a fairly common issue and requires the gearbox to be removed in order to change this bearing.
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.