Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi have Toyota yaris 62 plate have complained to local dealer

Hi have Toyota yaris 62 plate have complained to local dealer regarding performance since word go. Brand new dec 2012 manu sept 2012.
It has been for its second service and they say it can be repaired with a kit, ie pistons rings valves. They say that the engine is using oil internally mm no blue smoke but have to rev it high to reverse and hold on clutch.
6000 miles only and still under warranty. if we have the repair done the warranty is void according to citizens advice. Cannot find any info on this problem with tsb. Toyota service bulletin. Have seen loads for sale at private garages with low milage and still under warranty.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Providing the work is done by the dealer and uses Toyota parts then it won't invalidate any warrenty

So I'm unsure what CA is referring to with that one
I'm assuming that they have measured the compression pressures and shown them to be low, which is why they are reccommending new pistons etc

there's no TSB for this one so to be honest I'd say your best option is to eitehr let them go ahead with the repair work ( at their cost ) and double check the warrenty wording on the document that it won't be invalidated

or you would be within your rights to demand your money back under the 'not fit for purpose' rule
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for that Matt , have worked with cars since 12 but not trained. I thought it might be the accelerator actuater switch if that's the correct word for electric accelerators due to the lack of response between that and engine or performance.

Thanks a lot;

Lenny.Laughing PS would you buy a new car and stand infront of someone to tell you its faulty but can fix it by stripping it all down as you say not fit for purpose.