Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, I have a yaris auto 2002, when I put it into reverse it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a yaris auto 2002, when I put it into reverse it sounds a high pitched beep to let me know for safteys sake but last few times that beep has continued all the time my car is in reverse gear. Help!? Liza
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are having is a electric failure to the reverse/brake light switch, this is a common failure and results in the issue that you are having. To correct this issue the switch has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Thankyou for your quick response to my query. It did resolve itself on its own though.....it was frost covering the rear parking sensors! As the weather warmed up it stopped! It did prompt me to get my lights checked anyway and all was well. I thoughr I'd let you know the outcome in case you get more beepy reversing noises when the weather's cold!

Thanks again, Elizabeth