Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi, I have an Avensis 1.8 petrol reg may 2010, reg no. D5

Customer Question

hi, I have an Avensis 1.8 petrol reg may 2010, reg no. D5 DEW. The electronic parking brake has failed, warning sign says "check parking brake system". I have had it diagnosed and fault code says "C138A tension malfunction". Garage tells me this is the sensor on the actuator, and only solution is replace actuator, total cost fitted around £1400!!!. Car has only done 29,000 miles. what do you think? many thanks, ***** ***** (pensioner on fixed income!!)

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, I would still like an answer, please. Based on your advirtising, I expected it to be an easy task to find a Toyota expert who can answer the question.

thanks,

Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. However we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Shantal, I will wait for your response.