Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

How do I disable my 02 toyota Yaris T Sport Alarm. I have replaced

Customer Question

How do I disable my 02 toyota Yaris T Sport Alarm. I have replaced the battery in the key fob.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I submitted my question your site it detailed a person who would provide the answer. I can't remember his name but it was an expert from the UK TV programme Scrapheap Challenge. What happened to him then?

Also, I have received a reply from Just Answer offering me 25% off my next question. Do you really think I will be using Just Answer ever again?

What you should do now is continue trying to find an answer to my query and refund my £15 in full as a gesture of good faith.

If you do this, I may use the service again, providing I get a satisfactory answer.

Thank you back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and the Professional online at the time may not have had the skills to give you an accurate answer. We will continue searching right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I stll need an answer because my car is still sitting on my drive with the battery disconnected.

Please stop asking me if I want to close my question. It seems to me that you would prefer me to do that as a simple question has caused you such difficulties. Is this what you do to all awkward queries? If so then your site may as well be shut down.

Have you thought of asking Toyota help? The knowledge is out there. You just need to provide the service I have paid fulfil the boasts made on your site.

Thank you back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why can't your expert find out the answer from other sources. Being experts they should know where to look or who to ask.

Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 1 year ago.
, I'm happy to give you the answer to your question but I will need some more information.
I assume the alarm started to sound and you couldn't turn it off, so remote batteries have been replaced.
Have you got spare key fob ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have. That is the one I replaced the battery in.

I have found this solution in the Toyota Owner's Club Forum Online. I have tried it all but it still doesn't work.

I am almost at the stage when I will have to take the car to a Toyota garage and be charged stupid money simple job.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
After more than two weeks of waiting, I have not yet received any answer.
I'm trying to come up with the answer but I need to know the full scenario of what happened from the start.
Could you confirm the reason fob battery replacement, is it because alarm started to sound first and you could not use the remote to lock/unlock the car ? (disarm the alarm)
You came to your car, pressed the remote to unlock, it didn't work so key had to be used to enter the car ?
Is the remote central locking working now ?
Step 3 from the attached image, is this what you are doing now to in order to make it stop the siren ?
I know it sounds little bit twisted but I need to know in what order everything happened .
Yes it may be simple job to fix, if you we know where is the fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The key fob was showing signs of trouble. I sometimes had to press the lock button several times to lock the car.

Then, one day, the alarm went off while in my drive. I was at work but my wife said that she tried to disable it with the unlock button. It wouldn't disarm. She couldn't open the door either so she unlocked the door with the key.

The central locking does still work.

We had to disconnect the battery to stop the siren. when I do this, a clicking is heard few seconds.

When I reconnect the battery, the alarm sounds straightaway. If I close the doors and the bonnet the alarm stops but is still set. The little red lights on the dash and under the handbrake still flash.

When I follow the scenario given to you with my attachment, the alarm stops sounding and I can drive the car. The red lights are solid and as soon as I open the door the alarm sounds when I switch off the engine.

One thing I haven't tried yet is to recharge the main car battery. I'll do that tomorrow when I have time.

I changed the battery on the spare key hoping that it was a battery problem. Both key fobs show a light when either button is pressed.

I have had the RAC out to the car and he has done step one right beside the siren. No result.

Thanks information.
I'm looking into alarm system of your car, at the moment I can be sure the fobs are ok, the ability of the alarm module to receive the signal from the fobs has been lost.
While I'm trying to find the answer to you question could you check fuse no 9 or no 7 (Horn) in under bonnet fuse box.
You can try to disconnect the siren, there should be grey connector about 20 cm from the siren.