Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Toyota aygo 2009. It starts perfect but twice now

I have a Toyota aygo 2009. It starts perfect but twice now in very wet weather when I have stopped it and come back to car it fails to start . On one occasion it started after about an hour and a half took it new battery thinking that's what was wrong but they informed me battery was ok . It did same yesterday in heavy rain but failed to start again when breakdown company came he said it sounds like the battery is dead but when he looked battery still showing green but as soon as he put jump leads on it started . not sure if its a dampness getting in or the battery
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is related to the battery. If the battery is not the original and is smaller it will have less cranking amps and will cause the problem. The battery needs to be replaced with the correct size battery.