Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

We have a Lexus RS300 Automatic, Year 2002. The ESC light on

Customer Question

We have a Lexus RS300 Automatic, Year 2002. The ESC light on the dashboard is on all the time. We have taken to various garages, they have re set it, one said it was transmission problem, but no one really knows what it is. The book says its something to do with the brakes!!,,,,,,, It has just sailed through its MOT. HELP oh and its 3litre
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Ok a ESC message can be fault with; a wheel speed sensor, throttle body, G sensor

The next thing to do is have the car plugged into a Lexus diagnostic device , and not a generic code reader as they can be misled with the more esocteric codes

this is by far the quickest and cheapest way forward as you might have to pay for the diagnostic but the time saved will more than pay you back in fixing th efault faster

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You Matt for your help. I had given up getting an answer from anyone. We will try what you have said and take it to a Lexus garage and see what they say and ask them to put it on the machine suggested.

i am sorry that it has taken me a while to answer but I have been ill. Also I must admit that I have got the letters wrong I checked a few times with my hubby but still got them wrong apparently the letters are VSC Warning Light, NOT ESC as I put. I am so sorry to confuse you all. I am hoping that your advice will still be the same,!!!! as I cant afford to pay again just yet for a while. Thank you again for all your help Matt.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Thats no problem

I'd worked out it was VSC was ESC and you don't have to pay twice

once you have a fault code then get back to me on this post