Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

put new solid flywheel and new clutch in my rav4 now it bits

Customer Question

put new solid flywheel and new clutch in my rav4 now it bits at the bottom
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

if the clutch hydraulics are fully bled then I'm sorry to say that it sounds like the wrong clutch has been fitted or the solid flywheel is too shallow in height

the clutch pack needs to be a certain distance from the slave cylinder so its slightly preloaded and so take up any slack and ensure the release bearing is turning all the time,

so when changing over to a solid flywheel there may have to be new slave cylinder to go with it that all sits a little taller and so correct the issue that you have
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi

do you still need help with this?