Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Toyota Aygo 1998 - garage has said there has been something

Toyota Aygo 1998 - garage has said there has been something wrong with water cooler and bottom half of engine will have to be replaced. What does this mean and how much could it cost?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What this normally means is that the water pump has failed and caused intermix from the coolant in to the engine oil, this in turn washes out the lower end rod and main bearings, stripping them of their material. This can happen on many different types of vehicles.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The engine needs the bottom half replaced . How much should a repair like this cost for an Aygo?

This type of repair for parts and labor will cost around 800