Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

How can i disable the alarm on my Toyota Amazon VX Aut 1999,

Customer Question

how can i disable the alarm on my Toyota Amazon VX Aut 1999, Ive used the spare key , Grey one, to get in but alarm keeps going off! I lost the key with remote yesterday. I have put a new battery in the my old key the lights flash with it but havent used it in ages so may need to sinc it not sure?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

you can't really disable the alarm as its built into the engine ECU

at best you can take the battery out of the siren but it would be better to try and get it all working again

the procedure to synchronise the key fob with the car is as follows:

1. The vehicle should be in the following condition-
A. The key is NOT in-
serted in the ignition,
B. The driver's door IS open,
C. The driver’s door is
UNLOCKED.

2. Insert the Key into the ignition switch and then pull it out.

3. Press the Master Door Lock Switch 5 times from Lock to Unlock.

4. Close the Driver's door then open it.

5. Repeat step #3.

6. Now select the mode by inserting the key into the Ignition Switch and turning it to the "Run" or "On" position. The programming mode is determined by the amount of times you go from “key off” to the "key on" position and back before pulling the key out.

A. 1 time is the "Add" mode. This is used only on some models and it allows you to add a remote to the already existing remotes. The ECU confirms this by locking and unlocking the door locks automatically after you remove the key.

B. 2 times is the second mode which will erase all previously programmed remotes and allow you to program new ones. The ECU confirms this mode by locking and unlocking the door locks twice after you remove the key

C. 3 times is the third mode which tells you how many remotes are already programmed to the ECU. It confirms this locking and unlocking the door locks the amount of times applicable to the remotes coded. If no remotes are programmed then the ECU locks and unlocks the door locks 5 times. The ECU will hold up to 4 remotes at any one time.

7. Press the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 sec and then press either button by itself for 1 sec.

8. The ECU will perform the Lock/Unlock automatically to confirm that the 1st remote is stored by the ECU. Repeat step 7 immediately with another remote and continue until all remotes are registered.

9. Shut the driver’s door and try all remotes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt
It hasn't sorted the problem. As soon as I open the car door the alarm goes off, I can start the car but can't stop the alarm! Any ideas??
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

OK you can try disconnecting the siren unit ( before opening the door) as this will at least shut it up then to try fixing it then replace the battery inside the siren