indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

How do you replace o/s folding wing mirror on a 2004 Toyota

how do you replace o/s folding wing mirror on a 2004 Toyota avensis
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

Here is a good video on how to replace your door mirror , the car in the video is not yopur car but very close to how yours is done .

Please click here for video link .

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg,
I've had a v.quick look @ video - all seems straight forward - I receive new mirror Wed/Thurs - will revert if I encounter any problems when I am installing which may not be until Sat.
Donald

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Greg,

on closer inspection this video is not going to help with my late 54 Toyota avensis t-spirit - petrol!

my drivers door trim is a totally different layout e.g. where the video shows how to lift off the trim around window/door buttons this cannot be done with mine - see attached photo - I await your further help!

Donald

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Greg if you cannot help please advise so that I can seek a solution elsewhere, Donald

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Donald .

Okay on this one you can get lucky if the wiring is not to low , all you have to do is remove the plastic cover on the inside of the door .all you have to do is pry off the plastic cover behine the cover is 3 10mm bolts remove these and pull the mirror outwards away from the door ..

graphic

This should work ,one of the 10mm bolts are just off the edge of the door plastic .

If this is not possible (it is) then please let me know .

Please get get back to me if still having issue with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right Greg, by removing speaker cover, undoing 3 bolts, removing door handle trim, screw behind and prising off upper left hand section of door trim I was able to disconnect speaker and mirror electrical connector blocks and remove damaged mirror - now I await delivery of new mirror - once installed I will revert. thanks for advice. kind regards, donald

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Donald .

Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg, replacement mirror delivered 20 mins ago - took less than 5 mins to install - working perfectly - thank you again for your assistance - you will be receiving a positive rating from me in a few minutes time.

Kind regards,

Donald