Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hey, my battery died over the weekend (my fault - left the

Hey, my battery died over the weekend (my fault - left the lights on overnight) but ever since all the electrics (central locking, radio, electric windows, alarm for leaving lights on etc) seem to have gone dead. Any ideas?
Thanks a million,
Fiona.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello Fiona

I'm guessing that you've since charged the battery so I'd suggest 1st trying a hard reset as follows:

disonnect the battery cables and clamp them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm

that is the way to re set the Ecu - but -- if that hasn't worked -it s very liekly that you'll have to get the dealership invovlved or a toyota specialist with access to the 'Techstream' diagnostic tool that can access all the car control units

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you but I had to wait for my dad to help me with it!

It actually turned out to be easier than that, simple fuse blown. All back in action again now!

Thanks for your help,

Fiona.

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
thanks for letting me know FionaBear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site untilyou rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.