indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have a Yaris 2007, the automatic transmission warning

Customer Question

hi
I have a Yaris 2007, the automatic transmission warning light comes on intermidatley and a couple of times I have noticed that it can get stuck in first gear seems to rev for ages. If its the gearbox I need to know what cost I could be looking at.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
I strongly suggest you get your car to a good honest transmission shop and have them do a diagnostic scan as this maybe a simple output/input speed sensor a 40 pound item .
When the transmission warning light comes on then you have a malfunction with in the system electrically and in some cases mechanically. this is where a scan tool is hooked up and scanned for malfunction codes..
If these sensors fail will cause an issue just like you are having .
But first like any transmission issue do the basic checks for transmission fluid level and condition .
Condition should be a nice clear light red to very light brown.
If fluid is dark brown to black and not clear, suspect internal transmission failure..
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg