Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1993 Hilux Surf ln130 2.4 t/d auto, when driving i

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Hilux Surf ln130 2.4 t/d auto, when driving i get a loud scraping noise then a loud judder, l was told it was the transfer box, so l took the front prop shaft off, it happened again so l disconected the solenoids on the transfer box and the front diff, yet it was still happening, please could you tell me what is going on, as now l think it may be the front diff, my truck is an import from Australia, Reg K138LUA, there is also a click which sounds like a relay near the drivers side dash that happens when the judder happens, l can drive the vehicle for 200 miles with no judder on the motorway, but when l go over speed bumps at 10mph it seems to start with the problem..

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, l,m still waiting for an answer to my question, thank you....