indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have a 2004 RAV4 . The engine management light is intermittent,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2004 RAV4 . The engine management light is intermittent, two,or three days on, two or three days off. The fault code is po171 , mixture lean. It has been looked at by two garages now, one says it's hard to get the software now to look deeply into it. All lambs sensors are new as is the mass air sensor. The car runs perfectly wether the light is on or off. Any help would be appreciated....joe
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You need to get the car back on the scan tool, and check the fuel trims as this is looking like a problem with a vacuum leak .check for vacuum leaks .aftyer the MAF sensor to the manifold .
Exhaust leak befor the 1st sensor .

Low fuel pressure ,check your PCV valve ,replace if looks old and dirty ,also common issue for a P0171.

Bad injectors ??

The fuel ratio should be 14.7 / 1 thats air to fuel this is conytrolled by your already replaced MAF and o2 sensors so it leaves injectors fuel pressure or vacuum leak.

Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .

If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .

After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.

If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Greg, I shall get your suggestions checked out. I've left you a small tip, sorry it's not more but I'm on disability, regards, joe
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Joe ,.
Thank you very much and wish you all the best, ***** ***** needed you can get back to me anytime with out any further cost .
Kindest regards Greg.