Mike
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Can you switch on daytime running lights on a 2011 Toyota

Can you switch on daytime running lights on a 2011 Toyota Avensis?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not yet had an answer to my question, so would like you to pursue it please.

By the way my email address is: XXXXXXXX@ntlworld.com and not XXXXXXXX@ntlworld.com. Sending you my original question, my iPad put the first character into capitals, and I missed it.

Ray XXXXX

Hello Ray,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialities differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I will send your email address query to customer services to see if they can help.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** *****
Can I just qualify the question with you -- are you asking can you switch them ON -- or OFF..
From 2011 , these were fitted -and should be on.. unless yours is an older marque..
Let me know here - and then we can carry on. ( We cannot use email Im afraid )
Kind Rgds, MIKE..........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to switch them on. The car was registered in March 2011 and there are no instructions in the manual for switching them on automatically.
Is this a facility on my car, or do I have to switch the lights on by way of the light stalk each time I start the car?
Ray
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Ray- Thank you for your reply and info - Yours is the early version then - the later ones are on auto.With yours you have to switch them each time.Now - on some Ray, Toyota dealers can re program the system / module to have them activate as you suggest - what you would need to do is give a local dealer a call - give them the VIN of the car.. and they will be able to tell you if your particualr car, via its VIN, can be done -or not.... so its worth a call...Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Toyota Mechanic
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike, I thought it was the case, but I wanted to be sure. I don't fancy taking it to a Toyota dealer. I hoped it was easy fix like with the door locks.