indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

Mister expert, nice to have someone with knowledge to help

Hi mister expert, nice to have someone with knowledge to help us! The wife has a 58 plate avensis auto with the 1.8vvt engine. Oh dear.. Drives gently, only done around 30k.
Doesn't use any oil...Yet... It has strange behaviour, engine pulls strongly at low revs, but over 2000 seems to run right out of steam, and I get the impression that it gets noisier.
If this was the 1970s I would say that the ignition is over-advanced but I might be out of date. No one round here seems to have heard of this. Thank you in advance
Roland in Salford, Manchester
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Roland .
Is there any warning lights on the dash when the engine is running like the check engine light .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg nothing is showing wrong. Its never had a warning light at all. We've had it from new. Serviced regularly
Regards Roland
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roland .
Can you give then please a bit more info on what the car is doing.
Hard starting , etc.
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg No trouble starting. No Knocking etc. Exhaust doesn't blow Gearbox changes OK (auto) Doesn't use oil
Oil is clean
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
As you know this is going to be hard for me let alone the people you have seen and they have seen the car .
But for me to see what is going on i would have to hook up a scan tool and check the live data of the systems .
Also check for malfunction codes by doing a auto complete systems check .
One thing does pinch me what could cause this is the VVT failing or the OCV , this can also be tested with a scan tool by putting them though some automated test with the scan tool .
I think may be in your interest to have this checked by the dealer and there scan tool ..
if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience: Import technician .