Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Matt I want to buy a brand new car Toyota Yaris, Iconic,

Customer Question

Hi Matt
I want to buy a brand new car Toyota Yaris, Iconic, 5dr 1.4 Diesel, I don't know if that diesel is good. It's ND-TVT. I heard that it's better to buy petrol one VVT-i. I just need advice. I heard Japanese cars are very good
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hellothere have been a few issues with that engine to be honest so it may be better to go for the petrol version, especially as the petrol hybrid version gets the best mpg of them all - the thing to consider with that one is its only available with an automatic gearbox, which may not be to your taste What to watch out for some reported engine failures of 2011 & 2012 Yaris 1.4D-4D All 'current' Toyota sat-navs use the same software. There is a manufacturer's advisory that if customers complain about nonsense directions in UK, France or Spain and their sat-nav has Software Version: 2.8.4al it requires upgrading free of charge, takes about one hour.Recalls Recall announced of 5,409 UK registered Toyota Verso S and Toyota Yaris built November 2010 to March 2012 because a coil wire in the electric power steering motor may have been stored without the correct humidity control during the manufacturing process." This can lead to a short circuit and failure of the power assistance to the steering.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kat

do you still need help?