Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Want to put a supra twin turbo in to a 1953 pick up is this

Customer Question

Want to put a supra twin turbo in to a 1953 pick up is this possible
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello this is possible but is a good sized project you don't say what vehicle you're planning to convert but assuming that there's enough room in the engine bay to fit the 6 cylinder and engine and gearbox then the 1st consideration will be how to control the enginethe cheapest method is to try and transplant 'all' of the supra electrics over so it thinks its still in its original home however this will need a lot of extra hardware that you won't need, as the alarm, dash body control module, relay box all door switches etc etc all have to be present and accounted forwhat I'd suggest is going the aftermarket ECU route as this will happy just running the engine and also leaves lots of scope for tuning and modificationone of the best budget models of ECU is the Emerald unithttp://www.emeraldm3d.com/ ultimately your choice will be determined on what you want to do with the finished car and obviously the 1953 brakes, suspension and back axle will all need re-working / replacing to cope with a 400Bhp engine
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.