Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

2010 auris 1600 34000 miles when oil filler cap is removed

Customer Question

2010 auris 1600 34000 miles when oil filler cap is removed a loud metallic noise can be heard any sugestions
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello some mechanical noise when listening at the filler cap is normal but it should be at a moderate 'ticking' level if its a lot louder than this then I'd suggest the next step is to remove the cam cover to inspect the valve gear and followers for excessive play and damage
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.