Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1994 Toyota MR2 Mk 2 rev3 (73000 miles). I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 1994 Toyota MR2 Mk 2 rev3 (73000 miles). I have recently had new discs, callipers (with speed bleeder valves), pads (EBD Yellow Stuff), braided lines and dot 5.1. The brakes work fine but the bite point is very low. The bite point drops significantly when the ABS pump is running. I use the car for track days and the long throw of the brake pedal is disconcerting when braking for a corner. Suggestions are air in the ABS pump and the handbrake being incorrectly adjusted. I've bled it through 3 times with good quality dot 5.1 but without success.
My local garage is not particularly interested in tracking it down due to the cost in their time, though I'm happy to pay for a resolution and thus save money on rubber underwear!
I'm in the South East (East Grinstead).
Terry XXXXX
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Terry,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Close the question, please.ThanksTerry Cann