Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Is it possible or advisable to fit a Toyota hiace engine on

Customer Question

Is it possible or advisable to fit a Toyota hiace engine on a Toyota hilux 00reg
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Sorry for the delay in answering your question! The Toyota Hi-Ace comes with the option of three engine variants. 2.4 Petrol, 2.4 Diesel and 2.4 Turbo Diesel. The Hi-lux also comes with the same three engine variants as well as a 2.7L petrol.All 2.4 Petrol and Diesel models share the same engines, assuming you are looking to swap for the same engine, there will be no problems as they are the same engine and will physically fit as a straight swap.If you were looking to upgrade the engine e.g from a Diesel, to turbo diesel, Again the engine would be a straight swap however there would be additional pipe work, wiring, and the engine ECU would also need to be swapped along with a few other parts, so Ideally it is best to have a doner vehicle.The Engine codes are as follows for both modelsHi-Lux / Hi-Ace2.4L Petrol - 2RZ-FE2.4L Diesel - 2L2.4l Turbo Diesel - 2L-T I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.