Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Help! Our poor old girl, a Toyota Hilux Surf (old plate J

Customer Question

Help! Our poor old girl, a Toyota Hilux Surf (old plate J reg) went in for her MOT yesterday and conked out when they revved her up to do the emissions test. She wouldn't start up straight away, but then when she did, she was making a horrible screaming noise :( They've checked the timing and it's not that - any ideas please as she's still stuck in the MOT centre.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi .
Which engine do you have fitted .
How many miles on this engine .
What has been done to this engine in the past .
Greg