Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My Toyota has just developed braking problems, it squeaks anytime

Customer Question

My Toyota has just developed braking problems, it squeaks anytime I drive. What do I do?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.The car needs to have the brakes inspected. A Squeak from the brakes can have many causes however is unlikely to be a serious problem. Stones can get caught in the brake pads, and often brake dusts causes the pads to stick causing a squeal, both of which simply require a clean up and inspection of the brakes. Otherwise, it may be the "Squealers" These are metal tabs that cause this noise to alert you that the brake pads require replacing, again this will be easily diagnosed simply by inspecting the brake pads. A Squeak or a squeak from the brakes is a first sign that the brakes should be inspected, often it remedies it's self e.g stones caught, wet brakes etc.. If the noise is constant or does not clear after a few miles, the brakes need to be checked and cleaned, with new discs and/or pads if deemed necessary.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, Just checking to see if you need any further assistance, please feel free to get back to me with any further questions, otherwise if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, Many thanks, Ross.