Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I got toyota estima 1996 diesel problem is noise and no

hi i got toyota estima 1996 diesel problem is noise and no much power,we changed turbo twice still same problem,mechnic can`t find a problem
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello I'd check the state of exhaust for any leaks, especially on the manifold to head joint as a cracked manifold will lose power and create noise if this is OK then doing a compression test across all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other Also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it. Also check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.