indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

There.. Toyota corolla 2003 secondary air system pump looks

Customer Question

Hi there..
Toyota corolla 2003 secondary air system pump looks like no power come to a pump,pump and fuse been changed ,ventils are ok P0410 code..
thanks for answer
With regards
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shantal
I paid £13 for any advice so I'm expecting to get some answer ;) ..so I'll be waiting
Miroslav
Hello Miroslav,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Hello Miroslav,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
OBD II P0410
Fault Code Definition.
The Secondary Air System pumps outside fresh air into the Exhaust System during cold engine start up.
This additional air helps burn up the highly rich exhaust emissions that are produced when the engine is warming up.
The Secondary Air System typically has an Air Pump and some tubes or plumbing to route the air.
The system also has a solenoid and Check Valve(s) to control the air flow.
Symptoms
Check Engine Light will illuminate
In many cases, no abnormal symptoms may be noticed
In some cases, the engine may hesitate on acceleration.
Common Problems That Trigger the P0410 Code
Defective Air Pump Check Valve(s)
Faulty Air Pump or Air Pump Relay
Faulty air control solenoids or vacuum lines
System may be restricted or plugged with carbon.
Common Misdiagnoses
Air Pump Check Valves function, but are slightly restricted
Air Pump is replaced when the relay is the problem
Parts are replaced when the the system is restricted or plugged with carbon
P0410 Diagnostic theory for Shops and Technicians
When a code P0410 is set, the PCM is not seeing the front oxygen sensor voltage drop sufficiently, when the Air Pump is supposed to be adding outside air in to the exhaust system to burn off the excessive HCs and CO that are created during the cold start of an engine.
One should test the system with a live data streaming scan tool, during a stone cold start up of the engine.
Some scan tools provide the Technician methods to test the Secondary Air System or SAS when the vehicle is already warmed up, but this feature is not present on all scan tools.
Cold start the vehicle and watch the front oxygen sensor(s) on the scan tool data stream.
After about 5-10 seconds, you should hear the secondary air pump start, it actually sounds like a vacuum cleaner running under the hood.
Just as the Air Pump kicks in, the front oxygen sensor(s) voltage should go to less than .125 volts ( 125 millivolts ).
If this does not happen, then you have verified a fault condition in the SAS or Secondary Air System.
If you do not hear the Air Pump Motor start, then check the SAS Air Pump and relay.
If you hear the motor, inspect the components that control the Air delivery such as the Check Valve Solenoid, the Check Valve and the rubber hoses, metal piping and passages.
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.