indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician .
29331485

I have A 2001 Toyota Corolla automatic when slowing down with

Customer Question

I have A 2001 Toyota Corolla automatic when slowing down with footbrake there is a
grinding juddering sound.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Check the front brake pads ,sounds like you have a warn down to bare metal on metal .
When the pads ware down to the metal this can cause Disc damage,
as shown in the attachments ..
http://imgur.com/rxB83Z0
http://imgur.com/3loDKGp
Go to the two links for the attachments .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think your answer was pathetic surely anybody from age six would check brake pads first. A typical COn
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
No your wrong, been doing this many years and found most that ask this kind of Question would normally say "checked brakes and suspension".
I have no idea what your DIY status is, and how much you know,
So if you let me know what you have checked this would make it easier and faster to answer your issue .
Remember Sir/Madam i am not in front of your car and can not do a visual inspection to see what your issue maybe .
But pressing the brake pedal and getting these sounds was the most common issue with the brake pads ,
Next would be disc warpage, steering linkage , suspension parts .
Kindest regards Greg